Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattling sound from gearbox when turning of ignition

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
How much for a Rigid flywheel and a Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch these days ? Also if I put a HD clutch in will the car still have that beautiful sounding noise like a jet taking of in 1st and 2nd gears.

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
solid fly wheel and clutch kit from highway clutch and brake in campbellfield can be picked up for less than the price of ome holden fly wheel.
or sunbury brakes...

Havent heard a noise from mine as yet but will listen more carefully from now on and see mines just clicked over 112k and its an 00/01 model vx s manual.

azzjak saliba

Reaction score
Members Ride
manual vx v6 wagon
vx 5speed

Surely not :mad: All these people with manual VX's need new flywheels sometime soonish?? Sure its not just another normal noise for the VX manuals?? I hope so.....

my wagon does the same thing, so i asked a mate of mine who works for holden, and he told me that is most like ly the brass bush that the spigot shaft turns inside of, as its a bush and not a proper bearing

02storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II Storm S
my vu does the same. but its kronic when accelerating at around 2000rpm and when in idle with the aircon on so ut has abit of load on the engine you can hear it slightly. just had the clutch replaced, but not the flywheel. only after that it has started. should i just go and purchase a new flywheel or what would you guys recommend.

02storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II Storm S
my wagon does the same thing, so i asked a mate of mine who works for holden, and he told me that is most like ly the brass bush that the spigot shaft turns inside of, as its a bush and not a proper bearing

ive had the spigot bush replaced in mine when they did the clutch about two weeks ago and if anything it has gotten worse. i had everything replaced except the flywheel. brand new standard clutch kit, brand new genuine release bearing and brand new spigot bush.