Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rattly exhaust

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Drive it onto the footpath so that one wheel is on the top of the concrete gutter and the other on the road - this raises the car and you can then look underneath but do not get underneath!!!. Then rock your tailpipe up and down and sideways and you should see whats happened.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
so i had a look underneath at EVERYTHING.. and it all looks fine.. nothings broken.. wtf?! im about ready 2 let the person that bought it fix it themselves... 2 bad i have a conscience.. GRR!

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Check your engine & trans mounts as well. If these are broken it can make the exhaust rattle.
Does the engine idle smoothly? A car running slightly rough can also cause the noise.
If all else fails make your brother buy you a complete new system.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
Check your engine & trans mounts as well. If these are broken it can make the exhaust rattle.
Does the engine idle smoothly? A car running slightly rough can also cause the noise.
If all else fails make your brother buy you a complete new system.

ye engine runs smoothy.. think i'll get a guy friend 2 check the mounts.. its all 2 freaky for me... haha
maybe i should just get my bro 2 buy me a new exhaust.. haha get something NOT stock.. haha