Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb Transplant

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I've mentioned in a couple of posts now that i was thinking about swapping by RB20E with something like an RB30ESC. I think now, that what i'll most likely do is swap it with an RB25DE which I have worked out will be by far the cheapest option. The question that im scratching my head over now is gearboxes and dif's. Im wondering what the combination of RB25DE (140kW @ 5600rpm, maximum torque 230Nm @ 4800rpm) with standard 3 litre VL box, and 3 litre standard diff (3.45:1 I believe) would work like? I would love to graft in an LSD but am uncertain of one that will fit amongst the standard VL running gear. I know the engine will bolt on the mounts, I just also need to confirm that the 3L box will bolt up to an RB25, however I don't see any reason why i wouldn't. Help appreciated!

Mike

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
what gearbox is in there now, because i know you could probably pick up an rb30e for less then 400 pretty easy. not to mention some of the supercharging setups being done for around 600 dollars - which would mount up to most things rb associated - i guess

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Bax on this one, do the RB30ESC. I can help you out with obtaining parts from over here if it comes down to it. There is tonnes of information on ozperformance about this which I discussed a little in the VL Capabilities thread.

Toss it up bloke, it'll be very unique in NZ and sh!t all over the RB25DE that you'll just wish had a turbo. If you really must have the newer tech twin cam motor go with a RB25DET. The extra money involved is not a great deal and definitely worth it.

Jake.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Ahh, I think the age old saying is going to get me here.

"Theres no replacment, for displacment"

Mike.

PS: Congrads Jake on becoming "Post Whore Extraordinaire"

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE PS: Congrads Jake on becoming "Post Whore Extraordinaire"

haha, I just changed it to that in my profile, I think we all can do it. Just check out "My Controls". In your profile it's called "Custom member title", it 'may' only be a mod/admin feature.

Jake

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Ahh. Full members get it. Either that or I diddnt look hard enough before...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Jake seemed to be deserving of the name Post Whore Extrodinaire