Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb25 conversion

vyute02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8 ute
y do I need a custom ecu can't I use the one that comes with the rb25. and y would it cost 20k for my mate can blue plate it for me so that's no prob can I convert it to manual and use the skyline gbox coz I can replace the centre console with a manual one I heard bout a guy doin it to a vn and it turned out sic would it be different in a vy or basically the same coz he did for under 5grand?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Nope, you'll never get it on the road legally. Emmision laws will stop you.

Aside from that its a spastic idea. No torque and a 1600kg ute... Fail spec.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Why would you do that?? If you want power put an LS series motor in it, no question about it this is not a good idea nor is it financially viable compared to an LS series engine swap.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i think there also might be a issue of that the engine is older then the car (from memory your not allowed to put a motor thats older then the car in it)

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
if your going to do it go 2jz heaps of people have done them in commodores dunno about vy and they make shite loads of power

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
if your going to do it go 2jz heaps of people have done them in commodores dunno about vy and they make shite loads of power

they CAN make **** loads of power 305 kW 2jz vs 245 kW LS1 standard(wikipedias figures)

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
just to be different. I've got a rb25 half cut and was thinking y not throw it in the ute so would it fit in or would I have to modify to much ****?

Hey mate, i would be keen to buy some parts off the rb25 if you wanted some $$$. Am in brissy and wanting to turn a rb30 into twin cam with rb25 parts. PM if wanna chat about it

Far too much stuffing around converting rb25 to a vy