Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb25det and 2jz-gte

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
The 1JZ/2JZ are in a different league to the RB25 and RB30, if your looking for a motor that you can get a ton of power out of without opening it up then a 1JZ or 2JZ is what you want. Both are good for about the same power give or take 50hp. If you want another motor to consider then throw the 1UZFE on the table, its an all-alloy 4lt V8 with quad cams and 32 valves, can be had for $1500 with auto.

vpallme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
aokman said:
If you want another motor to consider then throw the 1UZFE on the table, its an all-alloy 4lt V8 with quad cams and 32 valves, can be had for $1500 with auto.

is that out of the celsiors? i hear they go quite nicely, and ive heard talk of twin turbo projects done to them:driving:

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
there is an rb25det in a red vp gts i believe.... mmmm. There is info on it somewhere you just have to look around a bit

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
rb26 into the vn would be the ultimate conversion to 4cyl. gotta have the cash tho. pricey engines those gtr's...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
rb26 into the vn would be the ultimate conversion to 4cyl. gotta have the cash tho. pricey engines those gtr's...
4cyl......:embarrass
Try a I6.
Personally I wouldnt never consider any of these swaps. Why not just buy a Supra or Skyline and save the $$$ and heartache.
AirStrike :air:

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
AirStrike said:
4cyl......:embarrass
Try a I6.
Personally I wouldnt never consider any of these swaps. Why not just buy a Supra or Skyline and save the $$$ and heartache.
AirStrike :air:

My bad i wrote 4 cos most rice bangers run 4cyl. The reason you wouldn't buy a supra or a skyline is fristly the rice factor and secondly because its something different. Then think of the power to weight ratio of a vn with an rb26 conversion. Not sure if you would have to trick the ecu to think its running a 4wd...? The godzillas absolutely destroyed the v8 supercars and were banned from racing as a result. I wonder why.....?

prince_dj666

hypo v6
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112842/1
aokman said:
The 1JZ/2JZ are in a different league to the RB25 and RB30, if your looking for a motor that you can get a ton of power out of without opening it up then a 1JZ or 2JZ is what you want. Both are good for about the same power give or take 50hp. If you want another motor to consider then throw the 1UZFE on the table, its an all-alloy 4lt V8 with quad cams and 32 valves, can be had for $1500 with auto.

rb series are easy to get hold of.. the 1jz/2jz were on the cards if availabilty comes. but price is another thing im looking in. cos my car needs a change..