Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30e ECU confusion

K

Krullos

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between the standard computer from a VL 3ltr and the computer from a VL GTS? I've been told by some people that GTS computer is tuned to give the engine some more grunt, but told by others that all the computers are them same for 3ltrs... Can anyone answer this once and for all?

K

KCElectronics

Whats a VL GTS?

Whats a VL GTS? the RB30E (N/A) has 2 ECU's 1 x Manual 1 x Auto! and the RB30ET (Turbo) has 1 x manual and 1 x turbo, so there are 4 in total

ECU.jpg

NO Value putting a Turbo ECU on to a N/A the F/I maps are not compatable

Chuckie :devil:

M

Manwal VN

Whats a VL GTS? I know of the R31 GTS's, the GTS1 had a standard computer (the white ones). The GTS2's had a plugin computer cause of the cam in them (the red ones).

K

KCElectronics

Wrong Forum!

Yes I think you are on the wrong forum? you should be talking to the Skyline guys!

Chuckie :devil:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i've seen vl gts bodykits but don't know the mechanical differences. he may very well be on the right site, just no one knows the answer to his problem.

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Ok

Just NZ BS - Prob the same as a stock VL with a GT badge .....

Want a GTS VL , Glue on the Badge ....

Skyline made a hotter ver , so find a genuine Nissan ...

Matt

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
vl gts??? never bloody heard of it. as mattk said, probably just some wally who slapped on a gts badge and sold it to some sucker lol. and on that link, it says the vl came out with a rb20 option.... since wen did that happen??? never bloody heard of a rb2o vl (stock) unless ppl done the conversion them selves lol

K

Krullos

The 2ltr RB20 option for the VL only came out in New Zealand, and is quite common over here....

I have now been told by a mate that "the only differance between the GTS & the standard VL is the GTS has a skyline series stage 1 cam aparently & sports suspension"