Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb30et or 304ci

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
go a gen 3, u know u wont to

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
No worries. I dont think its going anywhere in a great rush, as I havent really advertised it or anthing. Its just sitting wrapped up in the garage. Let me know when you do start looking, and if Ive still got it, Im sure we can work something out.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
for $$ sake buy a cheap VL or VN as a donor and then its a straight swap. Just watch out for tunnel clearance with the autos for v6's. as for power, more gas = more power, whether its turbo, supercharged, or cubes!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The injected 5 litre will be easier to put in (slightly) than the rb30 and auto but if it was me and I'm in the same situation for the future with my VH SLE and I'm leaning pretty hard on the rb30 conversion with a turbo to go on after rego :) just because you can make more power for cheap, the rb30 looks good in the engine bay and it sounds great for a six :).

PS to get 200hp from a 202 these days will cost you the same or more than a 304 conversion DIY style and stock 304 will be quicker than the 200hp 202, so you may as well keep walking straight passed plan one

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
PS to get 200hp from a 202 these days will cost you the same or more than a 304 conversion DIY style and stock 304 will be quicker than the 200hp 202, so you may as well keep walking straight passed plan one

i wanted to rebuild the 202 just to see what i can get out of it, and its no hassle u know its just out then back in all bolts up, but im always going to put a v8 in it eventually so yer might just save myself some time and money and go straight for the 8, we will see
cheers mate