Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rc nitro

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Anyone here play around with rc cars?
I'm getting a buggy (thunder tiger eb4 s3) what are peoples opinions on this? And what have you got?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Looks good. I used to be into these many years ago and they are awesome fun.

Mate had a farm so we made a course in the front paddock with the front end loader. mad jumps, though sometimes cars would lands upside down.
Got any videos?

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i bought a 1/8 nitro truggy 5 years ago, used about 1L of fuel.. never use it, always out of tune.

should have gone brushless

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
2 stroke is the way to go....
I have a modded 27cc baja 5b.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I had both electric and nitro buggies and although the nitro is more fun, I found the electric was much more enjoyable to drive in the street as it is difficult to hear cars approaching with a 2 stroke winding out. The neighbours probably liked the electric one better too.

With LiPO batteries now, electric buggies must have much better run times than the old ni-cad stick pack days.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
I use a GV Cage its nitro an i find that with the red fuel it is more reliable then the green fuel, no idea why i find that i have to tune it less. Personally tho i am now more into 2 stroke an lipo, 2 stroke in the off roaders an lipo for the on roads.
Run times vary between lipo an nitro depending on driving style. According to my transmitter i get roughly 20min with nitro and lipo an with 2 stroke i get about 35min average.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
They're a very good car, really durable and fairly easy to get parts for. I have 8 rc cars and I plane for reference lol.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
i have a heavily modified 29cc baja , and have just recently started building an axial scx10 crawler.