Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RCAs to new amp

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hi all, I have just bought myself a new 4-channel amp for the purpose of running 2 subs. It is a Cadence ZRS-4504, and it will be replacing my Pioneer GM-7300M. Now I already have a sub-out RCA running from my deck to the boot, what I need to know is do I need to split this into 4 RCAs to plug into the Cadence? Or do I just have t plug it into Channels 1-2 or 3-4.

Also for anyone who is wondering why I bought a 4-channel instead of a mono, its because it was a decent price and also so if I want to go even bigger latter, I can use this to power my other speakers.

-Cheers, Adrian

Meerkatmichael

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra
You Do not need to split these wires, you just need to plug it in and bridge between all 4 channels.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You will need to split the RCAs into 2 pairs. One pair for ch 1-2 and the other pair for 3-4.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You will need to split the RCAs into 2 pairs. One pair for ch 1-2 and the other pair for 3-4.

Thanks Holdenboy, thats what I thought. Split the white plug into the two white sockets and the red into the two red sockets. I was fairly certain but since this will be my first self-install I wanted to be certain.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I think he meant bridge the outputs of the amp, anyways yeah wou'll be needing 4x RCA splitters, 1 female to 2 males.