Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RE-Slotting rotors... Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Even if you did get the slots deeper, they should still not be deeper than the minimum thickness.

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
yeh really it doesnt worry me if the slots go below the minimum thickness, because i keep frequent taps on all my service parts and the minimum thickness is just there to prevent calipers spitting out pads when both pads and rotors are worn so the slots being lower than minimum mark isnt tht much of a concern.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Even if you did get the slots deeper, they should still not be deeper than the minimum thickness.
Which means each slot would be 0.75mm... :whistling

What a complete waste of time. Slotting doesn't have that big of an effect on a road car, where the first weaknesses will always be fluid and pads in that order...

yeh really it doesnt worry me if the slots go below the minimum thickness
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: yes, but your insurance company does... and as true as it may be, they're not going to buy your 'minimum thickness is only to stop backing plates being spat out caper' :rolleyes: When the ADR's say any part of the rotor, they're not macking provisions for tarts who are too cheap to buy new heat sinks that rely on volumetric mass to work properly...

Thread lock?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
and i am a mechanic so i am the workshop

Can I ask which workshop you work for?

So we can advise our members to never ever go there!

ADR regulations are there for a reason, they are there to make your car safe on the roads. If you're planning on breaking these laws, stay off the roads where you can hurt someone with your stupid.

Secondly, the forum swear filter is in place for a reason. Please don't try to bypass it as it's still an infractable offence.

Finally, I agree with gsl.

Thread :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.