Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Read padlock flashing

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
Hi friends I am still having a problem with my Vy that doesn't start.i was trying to get a new key through eBay and they said they can't ship to my location which is Namibia.can the old key work if we reprogram it? And if it so with which tool that can program it? Help please

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
The memory lost after I brake the barrel coz the key was refused to turn.from there I was driving for almost three weeks and the car was only able to start after I press the unlock button on the remote control.and I was putting the key on the driver's door after the car starts coz the whole barrel is damaged.

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
20181123_141048.jpg
20181123_141048.jpg that's haw the barrel looks like

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Your problem is not the key but the fact that the key is not in contact with the key reader which was on the end of the barrel.
Putting the key in the driver's door does nothing, except lock and unlock it.
That's quite a butcher job on the barrel housing.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I was driving for almost three weeks and the car was only able to start after I press the unlock button on the remote contro

Absolutely, I don't know how he was starting it at all...?

And OP, if you were able to source a new key, what were you going to stick it into? There's nothing left of that barrel..

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
I had now put a upper steering column with a key and receiver but the problem is no one who get it right.they where trying to program it and it's just fail to register the VIN.those people that working with car key programming they came with a lot of programming Tools and they never get it done.they even said it was their first time to try a such car with a key having a antenna

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
Your problem is not the key but the fact that the key is not in contact with the key reader which was on the end of the barrel.
Putting the key in the driver's door does nothing, except lock and unlock it.
I had put another upper steering column with a key and receiver but people that working with car key programming fail to program it. I was checking on the internet for the tool that can program Holden Vy commodore and they said is MAP KF200 and MAP KF204. I wanted to buy it through eBay and they said they can't ship it to my location which is Namibia I really don't know what to do now

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had put another upper steering column with a key and receiver but people that working with car key programming fail to program it. I was checking on the internet for the tool that can program Holden Vy commodore and they said is MAP KF200 and MAP KF204. I wanted to buy it through eBay and they said they can't ship it to my location which is Namibia I really don't know what to do now

Do you have anyone in Australia they can send the key to, and then they can forward it to you?

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
Do you have anyone in Australia they can send the key to, and then they can forward it to you?
Yes there is one I even send him the business cards to contact Holden

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes there is one I even send him the business cards to contact Holden

What I am suggesting is - get the Ebay seller to send the key to the person you know in Australia, then have that person to send the key on to you in Namibia..