Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear AUX volume extremely low.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
I am confused to why the rear AUX connection volume is extremely low??? The front AUX is OK but the rear AUX requires the volume knob to be turned up to 60 (MAX) to at least get some sort of sound.

I don't have the official rear AUX cable, just made up wires to tap into the rear AUX pins of the radio ports.

My GPS audio out is fine connecting to headphones and speakers (Loud) but when connected to rear AUX I need to turn up volume on VE headunit to MAX.

Any solutions? Or do I really have to use the official cable and if so what part number it is?

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Common issue. GPS is probably giving you "line level" output. Same with many phones. Put a simple pre-amp ( approx $15) inline between the GPS and AUX in. Can obtain from jaycar.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
Hey many thanks, problem solved. Now I can enjoy my new touchscreen GPS/MP3/Divx media player. It replaced the factory centre console LCD on my Omega which I moved the old LCD beneath the air-con controls. Will get pics soon.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
Finally pics of my latest Omega centre console mods.

Touchscreen multimedia unit with GPS navigation.
console1.jpg

Main menus.
console2.jpg

GPS is running Igo8 navigation software with latest Australian maps.
console3.jpg

Navigation also has 3D maps & buildings.
console4.jpg

Original LCD screen relocated beneath air-con controls. Still gotta fabricate a faceplate to include a USB port connectivity to GPS unit.
console5.jpg

Play all your MP3 music.
console6.jpg

Watch all your Divx/Xvid videos.
console7.jpg

Also has some Games to play.
console8.jpg

GPS reception is pretty good from installed unit.
console9.jpg

Very happy with results.
console10.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
such a little screen so cute
theres also hidden setting for vol ya can turn up so ya dont need line amp:)
well done looks good:)

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Hey man got any how to's or photos of the process of how you did this. looks heaps gud. Wanna do it my self.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
That looks really good, well done!!

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
the hardest part was modifying my gps/media player to switch on automatically as the units circuit was usual as I haven't seen before and to have it powered from a usb charger.
if you're gonna do it, better find a gps/media unit that automatically switches on and off with accessory power, and not a manual on/off button press.

next was to extend the factory LCD wires to go beneath the climate controls.

with a little adjustment i just used the same bracket that was holding the factory LCD to hold in place the new gps/media unit.

the audio from the gps/media unit is wired into the rear aux pins. somehow the audio from gps/media unit was low line level so i had to put in a pre-amp.

had also use a ground loop isolator too as alternator whining annoyance was happening via the gps/media unit.

sorry never got pics while mod in progress, however it ain't hard to do.

people who own Berlina, Calais, SV6, SS & SSV can also phpdo this using JHP's integrated GPS trim kit. http://jhp.com.au/holden_ve_gpstrim.php

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
lucky to have an omega so don't need GPS trim kit.... total cost all up was $120 including GPS/media unit
JHP GPS trim kit is just under $600... wow just noticed that.... and that's without a GPS unit

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Sweet i got an omega too will have to pull it all apart and have a look. Cheers for the info/details on what ya did.