Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brake Lines

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Any idea what the block does?

You could call it a distrubition block or a junction
The block does f#ck all basically, it's just a junction point that allows the brake fluid to distribute into several lines.

Does your Maloo have the bigger C5 brake kit fitted from factory.....HSV calipers and larger rotors
I think you might be looking at the wrong brake hose kit for your ute.
Check this kit out:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HSV-VY-...Performance-/181081993670?hash=item2a2953f1c6

Worse case scenario if that kit is also wrong...…
Take some photos of your brake lines and email them to Safebrake so you get the right kit the first time

Last edited:

JME_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais used for 'soup kitchen'
Yeah, my car has the small HSV C5 brake kit. The front brakes calipers are exactly the same as normal commodore V6/V8 brakes but they have an extra bracket to space the caliper out further to fit the larger rotors. The rear calipers are quite different and the last part of the brake line is different too. I changed the subframe from a VZ wagon so I could get the toe control arms, I had to change the last section of brake hose to each rear caliper and also the brake backing plates as they were smaller.

I think you are right, I'll just take photos and send them to Safebrake, I'm sick of sending stuff back that doesn't fit :(