Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Bumper Plastic Screws

mcvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6 Auto
Just trying to remove my rear bumper, the Gregory's Manual shows where all the screws are and simply says to remove them.

However, I can't seem to be able to remove the plastic push-screw things. They just keep turning.

If anyone knows how to remove these plastic screws any advice would be great.

Thanks

mcvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6 Auto
Problem solved, ripped the scrivets out with plires and will buy new ones off Holden.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
they are a mongrel as they are single use screws, much like what you get when you buy a CAI off of holden, I prefer to use the push in pull out ribbed type lugs instead, you can scour a wreckers for a handfull of them for a few dollers and they are re-usable.

Fiorentesteem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden Esteem 97
yes the single use screw, not to messed around with, just cut im ok, buy new ones and install cheers

ecoe36

Reaction score
Single use? Mechanic for 19 year's I undo and reuse them everyday so many different cars use them...the trick is not to apply to much pressure at all when undoing them,it also helps if you use a small pick like tool under the edge to help start the stubborn ones....imagine if I was too just cut yours off when ever I worked on ya car!...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

ecoe36

Reaction score
Only adds to the cost of repairs....work shop sundries LOL extra 20 bucks thanks because I just cut them!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Only adds to the cost of repairs....work shop sundries LOL extra 20 bucks thanks because I just cut them!!!

Cut? charge them for power and drill sharpening!!!

luckily it's not rocket science, although i'm sure google would have the answer for both... as ecoe36 pointed out, don't treat it like a screw, turn it lightly and 90% of the time they'll undo, the stubborn ones... a flat blade screw driver or knife under the head as you undo it will soon solve the issue.

Dunlop

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Commodore Acclaim
BLACK SCREWS IN VR REAR BUMPER TOP (FOUR OF THEM). I've got the same problem - a gang of inner city kids pushed my rear bumper down so it now has about a 4mm gap running around between the top of the bumper and where it normally meets the body. I suspect something underneath is warped but i'm not sure quite what it is. So you can rip these four screws out and it doesn't damage the locating holes? Just one other thing - when you crawl under the car you can see two small (10mm?) bolts in the top corner of the wheel well end of the bumper. Are these the only ones you need to remove in this position? I have a Gregory's manual but it only tells you so much. Thanks.