Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear demister shorted...shatted window

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
opinions

ok. long story short (this is on a ba ford falcon sedan)

had rear windo removed due to some rust...the demister tabs came off so i looked for aomething to re attatch.

couldnt find anything in town so went to electrical store and got some "wire glue"

used that. it stuck but tonight was first night i used it and straight away smelt vurning...saw smoke comming from tab...switched off imidiatly. then pulled over. about 2 min later when my eyes were looking straight at the glass massive boom and millions of pices of glass...lucky its tinted.

it looks like the demister has shorted or the wore glue over headted. i did not get the glue on anywhere else besides where the tab goes.

although when i reglued tab it looked like where the tab glued to it was worn down slightly? im thinking it wore down to the next layer and shorted and over heated glass.? im not sure how the demister grid works

im not sure if fuse melted or blew either

its a **** time for this to happen....wifes in hospital being induced for our first child ( unless shes in labour im not alloud to stay) this happened just as i was leaving to come home....glass flew past my face (think i have shards in one eye)

leason lernt but should the fuse not have blown? think it a 20 amp fuse