Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear DVD

mullet_gutts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 MY14 SV6 Sportwagon
Hi all,
I have had a quick look through the search results but cannot find the answer I am looking for. I own a SV6 Sportwagon with Navigation (and DVD) fitted from factory. I would like to know if it is possible for me to be able to set up this system as a rear entertainment system (rear headrests) for the kids to watch DVDs while we are travelling long distances?
Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Cheers all,
Dave.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi all,
I have had a quick look through the search results but cannot find the answer I am looking for. I own a SV6 Sportwagon with Navigation (and DVD) fitted from factory. I would like to know if it is possible for me to be able to set up this system as a rear entertainment system (rear headrests) for the kids to watch DVDs while we are travelling long distances?
Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Cheers all,
Dave.
No, but it's a good question.
I know you can buy a gizmo that allows the DVD to stay on whilst driving.
Were you thinking of using headreasts from a Caprice?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Had a VF-equivalent Caprice taxi last weekend; I think the screens were in the back of the seats, unlike VE-equivalent where I’m pretty sure it was the headrests.

Ah yeah, here’s a shot:

2014-Holden-Caprice-V-rear-seat-entertainment.jpg

While that’s a super neat solution, it’s probably cheaper & easier to get a pair of used iPads & those doohickeys you can get to hang them on the backs of the seats, and pre-load them with videos. Plus the Caprice screens are probably too high for a kid’s face-level.

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
As above. A relo of mine went to the trouble of doing this in their Craptiva. I thought they were crazy. Would have been cheaper to buy 2 ipads and a couple of holders.