Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear-ended VE ute :/

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Was rear ended,I took photos at the scene with both cars there in case the bloke tried doing a dodgy, but luckily it was a company car that hit me, not a pretty sight.

Looking at a new rear bar, tailgate, tail-light and possibly exhaust system (bent on the right hand side).

EDIT: All sorted thanks for the comments guys!

Last edited:

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
i know it sucks man but throw some photos up if you don't mind, i'm curious.

also i wouldnt say that you did the tyre and rim damage while mounting the gutter, i'd just mention it in the damages you're claiming, and all should go well.

IS250FSSV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Lexus GS 300,Holden Commodore SSV 2009,LX-R
Pfffffft I dunno. I have learnt it depends a shitload on the assessors mood.

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
i know it sucks man but throw some photos up if you don't mind, i'm curious.

Not really my place, but I probably wouldn't put photos up just yet - especially if you're trying to do the claim you are. You just never know these days.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
good luck with repairs, when my silver ve ute was rear ended it ended up being $3k for a tailgate and bumper and exhaust fixed, the colour on the rear bar was never the same after thats why i went white this time.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Thanks for the replies everyone! I will upload pics after the debacle has been sorted just in case! I'm getting it sorted tomorow hopefully.

Vicarious, this is the second time I've been rear ended, the first was a few months after I bought the ute, I got a mercedez repairer to fix the paint and they did an amazing job. So hoping I can get them to do it again. Hopefully turns out alright.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
That sucks mate i hope everything gets sorted out and your back on the road before u know it. Best of luck with the assessors.. as mentioned above gotta catch em on a good day..