Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear headlights

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
theres a spray paint you can paint your rear headlights with that blacks them out.

has anyone done or heard of this?
and does anyone know what type paint to use

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Are rear headlights kinda like tail lights? If so people use Niteshades.

Just be sure not to do it so dark that the 85 year old grandma travelling behind you who forgot her glasses can't see your brake lights or next week we will see a post from you whinging about how you got rear ended

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
hahaha cheers bro can i get this from autobarn and places like that?

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
its just black tint, u can get it from any (good) car store really. my bro did it to the back of his triton ute. looks good

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
you can get it from most autobarn or supercheap shop. its a silver can with a silohuette of a bloke with sunnies on. Just a tip, i've done this a couple of times before, if you take the taillight lenses off and spray the inside, you'll keep the glossy look on the outside and wont see any stuffups in the paint. Also, just do one light coat on each light and let it dry. It drys darker than it looks when you first spray it so dont go crazy. put the lenses on and do it again if they are not dark enough. Finally, test the lights at night to make sure your not turning the car into copbait, they hate them trust me.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I would have thought that the sensible thing would be to have the rear brake/tail lights as BRIGHT as possible so as to be more easily seen and so as to attract the attention of the unsuspecting bloke following (who is probably maggin on the phone or 'spaced out') so he don't run up your ar*e?....WTF!

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I would have thought that the sensible thing would be to have the rear brake/tail lights as BRIGHT as possible so as to be more easily seen and so as to attract the attention of the unsuspecting bloke following (who is probably maggin on the phone or 'spaced out') so he don't run up your ar*e?....WTF!

Yeah me too, but people think it looks better that way so they do it. Then again people cut springs because they think it looks good as well. Its better than altezza lights...I guess.

When I see a car in front of me with tinted taillights I always merge into another lane so I when I don't see their brake lights I'm not the one in the prang.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim

yeh but if is done without going to far then why not, its like sayng dont lower your car because what if you drive over a big bump or hit a dip too fast you might smack the tank on the ground and rupture the tank, you could start a fire. (stupid example i know but you get what i mean), sometimes...most of the time modifying you car for looks just isnt practical but...its fun and not always sensible

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
yeah ive just finished doing it i only did one coat (the can said 3) to make sure its not too dark i think it looks better anyway ill upload some photos soon just uploading them