Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear passenger door wont open

T

Tigger

Hi all,

For some reason my passenger side rear door wont open. Not that I travel with passengers often, but for some reason it just wont open it stays closed no matter what.

Any suggestions.

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
wont open from the inside or the outside?

hate to say it, but is the kiddy lock on???????

I hope its that simple :whistling

ARM-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6 A5
I just want one said:
hate to say it, but is the kiddy lock on???????

The child lock stops you from opening the door from inside, the outside would still work providing that the door isn't locked.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
i had a problem exactly the same as this but in my VR Calais. My rear left would not open from the outside or inside and i was deeking for a while. After a few attempts i rang holdens- the central locking mechanism- solynoid thingo had gone and wasnt releasing the lock. Seems strange for it to go in such a new car tho. Id say check with holden sounds like thats the problem from what happened to me.

T

Tigger

Thanks for the advice

The door wont open from either the inside or outside. I have checked it in for the 40k service. Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Someone else suggested the solynoid but the electric windows and lights etc work.

Who knows???

ps. I've tried lifting and pushing/pulling/kicking..

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
DOnt Push/Pull/Kcik anymore dude, let holden fix it.

V

vyyoot

Hopefully they can fix it?? Make sure they fix it! That's why it has a warranty!

H

Holden_Mechanic

It is the door lock Actuator. once again VY-VZ problem. they do a straight change over