Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger floor flooding

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
Omgosh!

I've removed a door card and the seal in the window behind the door card has come out!

My car is being picked up to be towed today, any idea how the F to get this back in!?!?!?!

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Soz, too late to the party...

"I've removed a door card and the seal in the window behind the door card has come out!"

Anyone know what natmack refers to here?

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soz, too late to the party...

"I've removed a door card and the seal in the window behind the door card has come out!"

Anyone know what natmack refers to here?
Haha that's all good! Appreciate the follow up mtd!

I sorted it! The bit I was referring to was the seal with the clips on it, where you unclip the top of the door card off. Its a part of the door seal/window seal i beleive on the inside of the car. If that makes any sense. Ill grab a photo next time.
The clips and seal all came with it, which I've seen a few YouTube videos saying it's hard to get back in, but after more youtubing I figured it out!

Just gota put a bit of pressure and push it back in!

Reactions: mtd

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Haha that's all good! Appreciate the follow up mtd!

I sorted it! The bit I was referring to was the seal with the clips on it, where you unclip the top of the door card off. Its a part of the door seal/window seal i beleive on the inside of the car. If that makes any sense. Ill grab a photo next time.
The clips and seal all came with it, which I've seen a few YouTube videos saying it's hard to get back in, but after more youtubing I figured it out!

Just gota put a bit of pressure and push it back in!
Ahh, the window seal. All good.

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Image below is what can happen. I've since replaced all four speakers. Hope the link works.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/img_1725-jpeg.265294/

Yes, if you think the butyl looks even a little bit suspect then i'd replace the lot (in that door). This way you start with a nice clean surface and can be sure you've plugged all potential gaps. I would steer clear of replacing 'bits' of butyl - for my time/money, just not worth it (butyl is relatively cheap for the bloody amazing job it does - and leaving the door serviceable). Also, although your plastic looks good, make sure you go over it and ensure no nice clean cuts from previous door work. It can be hard to see.
So, took one of my speakers out and sure enough it's rusted as! Will be replacing the speakers in the near future, after this "stability control fault" gets sorted. Had all the warnings come up yesterday, brake, air bag fault, low power mode, battery saver mode, stability control fault, contact dealer, service charging system, then everything died, lost all power and couldn't jump her. At the mechanics.
Also replaced all the butyl on one door and working on the next when I get her back. After 2 breakdowns and this wet weather it's taken a hot minute haha!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
When I had this issue and started pulling door cards off I cleaned out inside the bottom of the doors with a hose and a paintbrush ️
That way I get all the dirt out that blocks the holes from the inside.
And pulled the bottom seal off from under the doors and cleaned that too. Then they drained a lot better.