Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear sail plane from SS utes (VU/Y/Z)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
click here

i have been thinking about getting one of these and have a few questions.

are they easy to fit? has anyone dont it? will it fit a VZ S ute easy enough? does the VZ S ute have all the wiring to wire up the brake light?

NOTE TO MODS: this has been posted in 4 different forums, i know you do not like cross posting and and multiple posts but i have done this as not everyone checks every forum and i would really like an answer on this as i may be telling my sister to buy me one of these for xmas. thank you

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Arrrrr Troy, you can't stop can ya :p neither could I. The roof spoiler that houses the LED light is easy enough to get, and install BUT in my case the wiring was NOT there..don't know about the VZ model..the old one comes off fairly easy, just gentle forcing or prying it away from the roof, remove the sticky ****, don't fret! it's not the same **** they use on the black side strips, that **** is sikaflex and its a frigfest to remove, so your safe there..I just got the local auto electrician to run a wire from the brake light wiring (wiring loom under your door sills) to the roof brake light, you should have a rubber grommet blocking the hole, DON'T throw it out unless you want leaks. So in short YES they fit and YES it is easy. Nice improvement, shoul dbe able to pick one up cheap from NVU (your link in your post) I sourced mine new.. $80 for the spoiler unpainted and bloody $150 for the LED brake light (this is going on 2years now) But it was worth it! :) Any questions??

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Troy, neither :) where it meets the roof is like double sided tape, runs the whole length of the spoiler, same on your standard bit..Start from one end at the window, basically put your fingers between the window and the "bit", it takes a few go's, the back of your hands should be resting on window and gently pry it off in an upwards motion, and work your way along should come away, it may seem like it's on for good, BUT it does come off. :)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
do you need to replace the double sided tape or clean the old stuff off? and do you pull up or forwards, well, towards the rear of the car? im assuming the easiest place to stand would be in the tray..?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Yes, a hell of a lot easier done in the tray, I cleaned what was left of the crap off my roof and started fresh, the tape or whatever it's called didn't come away cleanly, didn't matter the new spoiler came with a fresh strip of tape anyway :). But yeah clean the roof area where tape was and start with a clean roof. When I levered it off, it was done in an upward motion just enough to loosen it off at one end, once that is done you can grab the "bit" fully with both hands and just pry it away from the rest of the roof.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
No Wucking Furries :thumbsup: . Let us know how you go.