Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Seats in VK

J

Jeza

This probably sounds stupid but how do you remove the back seats easily

FCCOOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore,VP 5.0 calais, 2x59 FC,
I dont know as I am not into commodores, I just surf this forum as I have a holden red six with vh and vk stuff on it, I think you push the bottom half in at the front with your knee back till the front can lift and for the top half you undo two bolts at the bottom and then push it up.
I could be wrong this is just a common way to undo backseats, I think VN on could be different becuase of the boot access hole in the middle of the seat.

Grunter

Reaction score
Yeah there is 3 hooks underneath, one in teh middle and one on the left and right. I didn mine the other week and you just have to push the seat down and towards the back and it should pop out. I popped the middle one out then moved to the left and right side of the seat and did the same for them. Then once the bottom of the seat is out, u just bend up 2 metal tangs and push the back of the seat upwards and it should come off too.

J

JohnVK

To remove it, do the top half of the seat first, simply grab it at the bottom, and push it up on either side and it will come straight out, then remove the bottom half of the seat.

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
JohnVK said:
To remove it, do the top half of the seat first, simply grab it at the bottom, and push it up on either side and it will come straight out, then remove the bottom half of the seat.

Make sure you unbend the tags first or you will have a fight on your hands lifting it straight up. A lot of people don't bend these tags back down when they put the seat back in.

I would do the bottom half first. There is one clip under each side. Push towards the back of the car at a slight angle down and then all of a sudden it will clip up and out. Putting the top half back in can prove tricky sometimes, with the middle hook sometimes left out. If this is the case, bend the seat slightly in the middle before you put it on to ensure the middle hook gets in.