Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear wheel kilowatts

hot308vb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubby project car & crappy vs v6 ute daily
foammedia said:
Heaps..... 100 mph is a big terminal speed for a 14.8, suggests a big heap of wheelspin off the line and a potential time lower than 14.8. I'd take a guess at 170? rwkw

yeah you shouldve seen it, with the irs squat and my 1st time on the strip it wasnt pretty!!!!! like they say practice makes perfect!

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
HoZy said:
How do you tune an EFI car.... lol Memcal edit..... lol

126.66rwkw is less than a stock VN 5litre and VT's are also heavier... :( Gotta suck lol I know a few V6's with extractors and breather mods that are up to 120rwkw..

You know if you get a properly built custom exhaust, Duel high flow cat back with dynaflow centre v8 supercar cat's & mufflers than a hotdog at the end apart from a rear muffler and if you get a set of Pacemaker competition "saloon car" headers and a memcal tune you might be lucky for 140-150rwkw... My bro's vn's thumping out 150.2rwkw... CAI, Exhaust, Memcal & it's got over 400k on the clock

Cheers
MaT

That makes me feel a little better. My little 202 is pushing out 122 rwkw.

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
for the thread starter, Its probably about right. My vs 5.0 is 140 at the treads, even with chip,exhaust and cai. I'm currently having it rebuilt with a good cam and polish. The engine builder says ill get 200kw at the wheels easy. for 4.5k, I'm happy. just like a new car. I dont know what cam im getting but i just told them i want at least 200 at the treads

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
i reckon he means 200hp at the wheels.

200rwkw would be a serisly lumpy high compression engine.

this is just personal experence.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
my hsv enhanced berlina so the 185i engine you originally asked about in the begining ran 126.3rwkws on a mainline dyno

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Nice thread dig guys... 3 years top effort

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
for the thread starter, Its probably about right. My vs 5.0 is 140 at the treads, even with chip,exhaust and cai. I'm currently having it rebuilt with a good cam and polish. The engine builder says ill get 200kw at the wheels easy. for 4.5k, I'm happy. just like a new car. I dont know what cam im getting but i just told them i want at least 200 at the treads

Wont happen with cam only unless they fudge the dyno

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137

only if your in SA ;)

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Just had a look at the horsepower calculator, and going buy my best mph of 107 and an approx weight of 1300kgs and 1500kgs i get between 300rwhp and 350rwhp, so if i put her back together i think i will be putting her on the dyno to find out.
Matt