Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear wheels angled weird

G

GeorgeB

hey i got a stock 97 VS S series 2 and notice that they back tires sit on a weird angle. ive heard that the lower ur car is the more this happens, but its seems a bit weird cause its at stock height...

it also seems that the left rear tire is bend in a bit more then the right..

i had a 4 wheel alignment done bout 1 month ago & the guy said that my tires arent wearing badly... (but its always been like that since ive bought it)

any idea's and should i b stressin ova it..

thanks ppl..

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
oz road canber left should b more promenent if in doubt get wheel alighment

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
does it have IRS if it does i think thats how IRS is

if u tow somthing have a look at the angle then

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
GeorgeB said:
hey i got a stock 97 VS S series 2 and notice that they back tires sit on a weird angle. ive heard that the lower ur car is the more this happens, but its seems a bit weird cause its at stock height...

it also seems that the left rear tire is bend in a bit more then the right..

i had a 4 wheel alignment done bout 1 month ago & the guy said that my tires arent wearing badly... (but its always been like that since ive bought it)

any idea's and should i b stressin ova it..

thanks ppl..
Its the camber of the tyres - camber kit can fix when lowered tho, most commodores have that drama ya can notice the camber difference from the vt compared 2 the ford Au - Ford gota get something right lol Most Commodores also wear out on the inside of the tyre.

kb6437

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I have a 97 vt exec and my rear tires are angled wierd too. but mine is wearing really bad on the inside Iv been told its because of the IRS and there is nothing i can do all of the fixes for this problem dont work.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I have a 97 vt exec and my rear tires are angled wierd too. but mine is wearing really bad on the inside Iv been told its because of the IRS and there is nothing i can do all of the fixes for this problem dont work.

Talk to a real suspension person.

It is fixable. May need to replace bushes in the links, reset the toe in and camber settings.

New springs can help too - as the springs get old they sag (like most things :)).