Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear wiper issue Sportswagon

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
nobody has posted a fix

VTVE Wagon Benny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon Berlina S2 Ve SV6 Wagon S2
I've just come across this issue myself. Bought a second hand wagon ( 2012 S2 VE SV6 ). It may be magic, it may just be a fluke.
Mine had nothing.
No noises, no operation and or water spraying.
What I did.
Took the trim off, unplugged and replaced the wiper plug numerous times. It moved one cycle, then stopped every time I disconnected and reconnected. I then blew some air through the plug, gave it some love taps.
After that, I found that the wiper was sitting lower than it was.
Turned on the wiper after I put everything back together and it's good as gold now.
Water flows, wiper works fine.
Might have been lucky.

Few love taps do wonders.

Shane 3.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega sportswagon s2
Re 2010 wagon
This seems to be best spot to post my message as relevant . Obviously age of these cars things will happen, have had to replace front wiper motor as nylon teeth were gone now
My rear wiper /washer not working but yesterday with ignition on and wiper switch pushed forward when I opened rear the wiper did a single cycle. Might have to pull rear panel off again and try the above.

As for age also just replaced roof lining.

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Re 2010 wagon
This seems to be best spot to post my message as relevant . Obviously age of these cars things will happen, have had to replace front wiper motor as nylon teeth were gone now
My rear wiper /washer not working but yesterday with ignition on and wiper switch pushed forward when I opened rear the wiper did a single cycle. Might have to pull rear panel off again and try the above.

As for age also just replaced roof lining.
Same thing happened to mine and also tailgate was opening at random.

Turned out to be water in my tailgate switch, Replaced it and all is good since. On saying that be very careful removing the trim that runs on the outside as I broke some fixing points which at the end of the day was good as water was leaking into it from there. Expensive task tho. I do believe there is a thread for replacing button from Jaycar. Hope this helps