Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuild kit for 215i motor

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
hi all, does anyone know where i can buy a genuine rebuilt kit for the 5.7L 215i motor. Ive just bought a 215i equipped VS Senator with 375,000km on the clock. I think maybe i should give the motor a rebuild and i want to keep it as original as possible.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
don't think you will find a genuine rebuild kit but just go for good quality parts
I would raise the compression while at it to around 10.5:1, nice cam and it will be sweet
You will find the motor should go for a fair bit longer still since it is the roller block
Last year I wrecked a VT with the roller block and it had 491,000km. Did not use any oil, no rattles and still lit both tyres with ease
These motors last a long time if serviced regularly

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a roller motor?, I thought that was a VT sI/ VS sIII thing. So far its looking like I cant use factory sh!t coz there is none. So good stuff it will be. Whats considered a nice cam in these. I don't want anything really big and lumpy.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
yeah the roller block showed up in the 215 stroker motors and then as the 5lt from VS SIII
not sure cam wise, do you want it to be similar to stock or a torquer?

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well if im gonna change the internals with some fresh gear, may as well make it better stronger and faster so I chose the torquer cam.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Well if im gonna change the internals with some fresh gear, may as well make it better stronger and faster so I chose the torquer cam.

Get something rated as a "towing cam", something with more valve lift but minimal extra duration. Alternately you could look at fitting bigger intake valves to achieve a similar result.

If you fit flat top pistons during your rebuild, I think that it will give you enough of a compression raise to be happy.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, very interesting. I can see choosing the final build and everything I want with it is going to give me a headache