Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rebuild L67

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
Hey guys im currently on my p plates and was looking into getting a L67 engine, whilst im on my p's i can begin getting parts "internal goodies". Im after around 250rwkw, as im working at a warehouse which deals with engine components, parts shouldnt be a problem :). Was thinking in getting it reconditioned as well if i was to bore it for bigger pistons etc etc. Also looking to get a supercharger to replace stock one from yella terra. Is it worth it? What parts? How much should i go oversized with the pistons? Any feed back would be great.

Cheers

Jaylyin

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
If you wanna bore it out just get a 4.2ltr stroker kit from Prostroke. If you get a whipple blower from yt than yes itll be a gd upgrade but not necessary for 250rwkw. There are plenty of people out there pushing that rwkw with standard blower :)
to get you target youll need a decent cooler, gd cam ( and related parts), strong box and diff. also porting your blower and lim will also be a advantange. and posibly some extra head work. And a good tuner that know wat he is doing is the main ingredient.

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
ok so what the work ive stated i should go for the 300rwkw margin then?

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
sign up to l67torque.com and have a look at the cars there, itll give you a gd idea of wat to expect