Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuilding me v6

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
ok so ive started to pull me engine down and all thats wrong is the rod bearings have spun they are as loose as anything but the bolts are still tight so this is what i assume is wrong now im just waiting on a puller so i can get the pulley off who knows when i will get one then i will work out what iim gonna do

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dude. Ever heard of punctuation? It helps alot when you're trying to read what someone has posted.

mate if you got no input on me engine then bugger off cause i dont care if i dont put in a full stop or comma

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
This is a full stop --->. And this is a comma --->, paragraphs are also helpful in the perusal of posts.

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
ne way fella's back to the post lol :S

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
ok so ive started to pull me engine down and all thats wrong is the rod bearings have spun they are as loose as anything but the bolts are still tight so this is what i assume is wrong now im just waiting on a puller so i can get the pulley off who knows when i will get one then i will work out what iim gonna do

get larger rod bearings or new ones. bearings are ment to wear before the main housings as they are cheap as chips in comparison. remove the bearings check the dimensions and reffer to the user manual for sizes and the allowable tolerances. if within the tolerances just go out and get genuine bearings. if they are out get over sized bearings or get sum made up

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
when doing bearings, make sure the crank is not oval. probably more important that anything. you can get some stuff that you put in between the bearing and the crank. it is in a little fine strip. you do the bearing cap bolts up to there tension, then undo them and see how much the stuff has sqashed. ya would have a little chart and it would tell you how many thou it is worn. does that make sense..

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thanks guys i need to get some of that plastigauge thats what i think your talking about defa and i will need a micrometer to check the crankshaft journals probably take forever