Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
  1. Just Commodores will be taken down on the 20/06/2018 @ 9PM ACST, expected downtime is ~30 minutes.

This addresses a recently found hardware issue.

Dismiss Notice

rebuilt 5lt problem

Discussion in 'VN - VP Holden Commodore (1988 - 1993)' started by scared_, Aug 1, 2006.

1. scared_

scared_ Guest

my mum drive a vn 5Lt, recently it lost oil pressure and had to get the engin rebuilt. its going to be a bit hard to explain the problem because she doesnt let me drive it often and if i do i dont go slow enough for it to happen. when she drives through car parks at low speeds it hunts, only when idleing. if you let i go without excelerating the engin stalls, its auto not man if your thinking mabey she cant drive. theres no nods done to that i think would be affecting it, just cold air intake and hi-flo filter. if anyone has any insite that would be great because its not the safest thing...

2. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    It's probably the IAC valve, there's info around on the forums on how to clean it, or just buy a new one (it goes on the throttle body)

3. xcop5l

xcop5l 4th year spanner spinner

Members Ride:
    VN ex cop 5L
    it could also have a missfire mine devloped one 3 days ago and it hunts at idle but at high speed (100-130) it vibrates like its going to fall apart.

(why dose my car play up when im on holldays) its ok its fixed now