Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reccomended Service mob with Tech2 in Newcastle

DSAvtSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SUPER 6 S
I have been in Newcastle for a while and both my cars (98 SS and 99 Calais) Are due for services, also i need to get the Gauge clusters re-programmed.

I want to put the Cluster in my Manual SS that has the auto gear select into the V6 Calais and vise versa.

Any good shops that you all would recommend?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
gmh if you have 1 out there
I have been in Newcastle for a while and both my cars (98 SS and 99 Calais) Are due for services, also i need to get the Gauge clusters re-programmed.

I want to put the Cluster in my Manual SS that has the auto gear select into the V6 Calais and vise versa.

Any good shops that you all would recommend?

DSAvtSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SUPER 6 S
from my previous experience with holden dealers, i would rather steer clear of them.

they have never been honest with me, when i last had them service my SS i told them that i had just replaced the air filter (k & n) i had replaced all the globes with high spec phillips gear and they went and threw them all out and put factory gmh gear that was not even half as good as what they threw out!

Theres a HUGE difference in paying a premium and getting RIPPED OFF!

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
I might be wrong, but im pretty sure that holden are the only ones that are allowed to own and operate the Tech2 tool. I had the same problem as you last year (love my holden, hate the dealerships) and rang at least 7 other mechanics in the maitland, newcastle area and they all told me that i would have to go to the dealership. I dont have much good to say about any of the dealerships but it seems as though maitland holden were the cheapest for the tech2 tool. Only got charged $25 for them to adjust the speedo for my new diff gears. Ive herd of other guys paying up to $120 for a simple thing like that.

DSAvtSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SUPER 6 S
Back in Melbourne i paid a guy $50 to to adjust the gauges with a tech 2 for my SS back in '09, but i have been unable to find anyone up here.