Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

receipts

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
A trend that concerns me of late is the issuing or more to the point the non issuing of receipts for goods or services received and paid for. Just about everywhere i deal at the the last couple of years, sometimes i am asked if i want a receipt but most times lately not. I never conduct a transaction without proof yet i see so many people these days take the handing over of the hard earned so lightly it makes me cringe. What do you people reckon? and why do you reckon receipts arent offered now? why do us consumers have to ask for one?

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Most times it isn't offered because people are that much in a rush to be somewhere else they grab their change and run. I usually only grab a receipt for either tax reasons or if the item is over a certain dollar value or may prove to be faulty and therefore required to be returned.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Would you like a receipt for this post?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
where i work, we give the receipt to the customer with their change or eftpos/credit receipt. if they dont want it, it goes in the bin(this mostly happens for cheap stuff they wont be returning). receipts are needed to return stuff, if you dont have a receipt, we dont know that you bought it from us.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
If its something that could break and I might want to return it, then sure, I'll grab a receipt.
If I've run to the 7/11 for a slurpee I think I can let it slide

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
^ Haha.

If I am buying a electronic product or anything of value that may require a refund/exchange I will get a receipt. I am sure that many of people will also.

If I am going to McDonalds or something I will not get a receipt there is no point unless for tax purposes lol

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I don't get receipts on eftpos transactions under 20 dollars. Anything over I'll take.

If it's fuel I don't worry about it either.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Don't know where you're doing your shopping, but I get receipts everywhere I go. Most of the time I don't want it (unless it's the obvious large purchase and I need the receipt for warranty or possible return of item) but I grab it anyway just to make sure I paid what I thought I paid. I mostly use my EFTPOS card and just like to double check that the person behind the register didn't charge me the wrong amount before I entered my PIN and hit OK. At least then if I spot an error then and there, it's easily fixed. If I walk out of the store and come back later when I realise they got something wrong, it's my word against theirs. They haven't gotten it wrong yet but hey I like that extra peace of mind. I always throw those receipts in the bin straight away though, no need to keep it for the smaller transactions.