Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommend transmission service centre

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hi all, I’m looking for advice on any good transmission service places around Dandenong/Moorabbin area for my SV6 2010 6 speed auto.

The transmission works well no issues however I don’t think it has ever been touched or serviced. It has 108000 on the clock.

I just want to have filter changed and oil flushed.

Cheers

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Endurance Transmission Services
Gladstone Rd. Dandenong (next to Caltex)

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Might be wrong but the trannie is a sealed unit. Its not even on the service schedule.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Might be wrong but the trannie is a sealed unit. Its not even on the service schedule.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
I think you’ll find that it is... First listed at 150,000k service, which would go a long way to explaining why the service is near on 1k to complete

impact Automatics in Croydon do excellent work if youre willing travel a little further

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
It’s running fine, I just thought it should have the fluid and filter changed. Given it’s not due until 150,000 kms I might hold off.

Jimbotech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V - l98
I would recommend doing it now rather than waiting until 150,000

Holden advises 150,000 however several people I have spoken with do it earlier, some as frequently as every 50,000ks

I did my service at 200,000 (was told it had already been done) and the transmission is now fucked and im up for a rebuild at $3000 odd.

adclawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais 3.6
Definitely get a pan drop filter + fluid change ASAP if you want a reasonable life out of the transmission.

For the record, "sealed unit" is a completely misleading and wrong term used by car manufacturers; transmission oil will oxidize with age and heat as per any other synthetic or mineral oil. I'd hate to think that Holden list the transmission as sealed/non serviceable for the purpose of having the customer stuff the transmission up and come back for a costly and profitable replacement, but it's a logical albeit unethical strategy.

Your 6L50E will benefit hugely from some fresh Dexron VI and a clean filter.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Id be doing it ASAP - Bear in mind that service schedules are designed to stretch intervals out to reduce servicing costs

My bus has just clocked over 96k and ive had the trans serviced 3 times