Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red 202 into a VS

Thorne Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Just wondering what I will need to do this conversion and how hard it will be?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The 'conversion' bit would be easy (if it is a paddock basher).
The 'how hard it will be' bit will be when you try to road register it, and find out that you can't.

Thorne Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
The 'conversion' bit would be easy (if it is a paddock basher).
The 'how hard it will be' bit will be when you try to road register it, and find out that you can't.

Won’t have a problem with registering the car as it’s going to be for speedway just need to know the details like what k frame and what else I will need?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would be a VK K-frame. You might have issues with the rack using that K-frame though. Also might have to mix and match halves of a VK or a VL tail shaft with the VS one.

Thorne Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Would be a VK K-frame. You might have issues with the rack using that K-frame though. Also might have to mix and match halves of a VK or a VL tail shaft with the VS one.
I have been told off someone that a vn 5 litre k frame would work and the steering rack and all would work with it?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If there's no difference int VK K-frames between 6 and 8, then yeah a VN-VS V8 K-frame would work but I can't confirm.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If there's no difference int VK K-frames between 6 and 8, then yeah a VN-VS V8 K-frame would work but I can't confirm.

VL to VS V8 K-frames will work.....The VN to VS V6 K-frames would require the engine mounts changed, because of how the engine mounts bolt up....The VL 6 cyl one, I can't say

The rack side of things....The VS rack will bolt up the same from VL onwards....VK I'm not sure

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vn-vs v8 k frame,use your rack....vb-k p/steer pump & high pressure hose may need customising.

vb-vk k frame different spacing for steering rack,intermdiate link most likely different too.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
cut the engine mounts of a vb-vk kframe and weld them on to the vs kframe and make a 1 piece tailshaft I gather the diff will be a cig locker?
it must be good red motor. have fun.