Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red line brembo brakes

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
Can anyone tell me what the red line brembo brakes are like compared to the standard SSV brakes and also would like to know if the red lines brembos are straight bolt up to the SSV or mounting different for the red line?

scottssv10

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
i know the brembo kit wont fit under 19 inch series 1 ssv wheels,only series 2 19's..or aftermarket 20's

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks for that. I have an 2011 series 2 SSV so that's not a prob.
Really want to know about the mounting of the caliper if it a straight bolt up or does it need an adaptor of some kind?

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have some good info if anyone is thinking about fitting the brembo's to their VE
They will bolt straight up but the only Holden rim that will fit with them are the 19" red lines and Genuine HSV 19 and 20" rims
SSV series 1 & 2 rims will not fit. Its not the size of the rim there is just not enough room between the caliper and the spokes.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Can anyone tell me what the red line brembo brakes are like compared to the standard SSV brakes and also would like to know if the red lines brembos are straight bolt up to the SSV or mounting different for the red line?
Yep, calipers are a straight bolt up, and available through Holden.

Then you just need rotors and pads. We've done a few Redlines now, and these are the most popular options:
DBA 4000 Series Slotted $214.50 per rotor
DBA 5000 Series Slotted $536.25 per rotor (then replacement ring is only $338.25)
QFM HPX Pads $110
Remsa Pads $110
QFM A1RM Pads $149

Really depends on what you're using the car for, and how much you were looking to spend. From what I hear the calipers themselves through Holden aren't too badly priced...

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hi GSL
I'm just about to fit the brembos on my ve, what discs and pads are now available? There seems to be new models on the DBA site
Yep, calipers are a straight bolt up, and available through Holden.

Then you just need rotors and pads. We've done a few Redlines now, and these are the most popular options:
DBA 4000 Series Slotted $214.50 per rotor
DBA 5000 Series Slotted $536.25 per rotor (then replacement ring is only $338.25)
QFM HPX Pads $110
Remsa Pads $110
QFM A1RM Pads $149

Really depends on what you're using the car for, and how much you were looking to spend. From what I hear the calipers themselves through Holden aren't too badly priced...

Blu-V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Sup guys,

I had the redline brembos installed in my series 1 ve ssv over the weekend, they were straight bolt on and made a massive difference in braking power. Booran Holden in Dandenong had them on special for $950 including the entree kits with rotors and pads.

attachment.php

Doro

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss commodore series 2
I need help guys I have a ve series 2 ss commodore do I have to change my rims if I want to put red line brake system on ???

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I need help guys I have a ve series 2 ss commodore do I have to change my rims if I want to put red line brake system on ???

Didn't you read the other posts?