Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback exhaust for the VT

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i gutted my cat awhile back, i recommend not doing it, it makes your car stink like ****, first thing i did was get a brand new one, and yeah its illegal

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
way to revive a year and a half old thread, specially one as common as an exhaust question lol

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Stupid question, as it's got insides for a reason!! Get caught with a gutted out cat and it's something like a $10-15,000 fine.

I always wondered if anyone has actually been fined this amount for no catalytic converter, or if it falls into the same catagory as a cop chip.

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
So guys what would be some consequences of removing the whole EGR setup? do I need to F**k arond with the ecu to disable egr?
Has anyone removed egr before?? Thanks

thebestsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 comodore wagen
So guys what would be some consequences of removing the whole EGR setup? do I need to F**k arond with the ecu to disable egr?
Has anyone removed egr before?? Thanks

do it,

run the risk.

I know someone who got done,

fine is more than a car.

####ed him up baddd

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
I got a redback system for my VX and for the price i paid its awesome. No need to go over board and pay more than double for not much more :)

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
What should I do, what are my options. you guys think I should find a pipe to weld it on and make it work. would it impact fuel economy if I plumbed it back. what if I put a mini air breather at the end of the egr so it sucks normal air in????

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Gutted cats don't make any difference to performance anyway, I had one collapase so I smashed both out untill I could get some new ones (have done now). It sounds **** and doesn't make it perform any better.

hsv vt s/charge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
I also had a collapsed cat and knocked them both out until i had the funding. I had two hi-flow stainless cats installed for $700 so i have no loss of powere when i upgraded my exhaust to a 2 1/2" dual redback with straight through cats an rear muffler i scored that for $100 2 days old!. Dont worry about the brand, if it states that its a sport exhaust then no matter what the brand its made of good stuff. It just depends on what you want, stainless, mild, 2 1/2" or 3

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
All done today, thanks guys although U didnt help sh*t. :) I welded a pipe onto the extractor and brough the egr back into action!!!