Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reliable cheap car?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i was thinking around the $1000 mark. I dont have that much atm but i can save that pretty quick if i make some sacrafices.

Very hard to go past a Corolla. Cheap to run and super reliable.

Reaper

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Very hard to go past a Corolla. Cheap to run and super reliable.

Reaper

Just don't go an auto, the old 3 speed is an absolute POS! Although just like the camry, 1980's corolla's will cop an absolutely terrible flogging without complaint, day after day for years. My aunt and uncle have a 1986 corolla that was coughing and spluttering like it was on its last legs, given that it had been run dry of oil and water multiple times in it's 300,000+Km life it was hardly surprising. Anyway after my old car got nicked I borrowed the corolla to get to and from work, so I figured I'd see if I could get it running a bit smoother. Popped the bonnet and right in front of me there's a dizzy with THREE leads on it! They'd had the damned thing running on three cylinders for God knows how long! Chucked the fourth lead back on and it's still going strong, that was back in february. My point is that 80's toyota's may be boring, but they are completely invincible, bombproof and quite possibly the only thing that will survive the coming nuclear holocaust. ****roaches don't have **** on the corolla/camry for survival chances. Added bonus for mr. Coolvncommodore, you have been offered a camry for basically free, and if that falls through I can probably convince my aunt and uncle to sell you the corolla for next to nothing.