Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

religion, again...

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
australians all eat sausages for breakfast lunch and tea .... now thats an anthem

but on a serious note, let them sing there own friggen version, BUT if they sang that version at the footy, V8 supercars etc etc i would call for a riot :)

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I find that really rude and arrogant from the Christians schools.

How dare they reinforce something that supports both their faith and their love of their country. For shame.

Haters gonna hate.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't support changes to the anthem on a religious theme, but completely support dumping the dirge we call an anthem for something more contemporary and stirring. We went from the world's worst national anthem to the second worst when we dumped "God Save the Queen".

Even Noo Zelund has a far better anthem than us.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
For the record, I write this from memory!

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross we'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours renowned of all the lands.
For those who've come across the seas we've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine to advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing, Advance Australia fair.

Had to learn it AND sing it in my government primary schools - and I went to a few different ones.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I'm not a fan of our anthem at all.... I've gotta say the yankee national anthem puts us to shame in a big way.

Religious Private schools should be free to teach what they want though. If you don't like it, send your kids to a non religious school or a state school or something. I went to a state school so I learned most of the first verse and the first line of the second verse

And Our flags crap too

bloomers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
personally, I think all religions suck. As for the anthem..it won't matter what the anthem is, the greater population will not remember all the words. And the flag.. couldn't care less what it is, however i think the reference to britain is irrelevant.

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
personally, I think all religions suck. As for the anthem..it won't matter what the anthem is, the greater population will not remember all the words. And the flag.. couldn't care less what it is, however i think the reference to britain is irrelevant.

Translated: I don't understand religion. I'm not proud of my country, my flag or my culture.

Religion is a broad and wide-ranging concept and to stereotype it, as with all things, is wrong. I do believe that all faiths should be given fair room to express themselves, however, the national anthem is a set-in-stone affair of which a country uses to identify itself. Whilst I would be all up for designing a new one (Because, admittedly, it IS a little bit wanky...) it is still OUR national anthem. When you hear it at the Olympics, or at the World Cup, it's the Aussie's in the crowd belting it out.

In short, the school has made a bad decision. They should be asked to amend their ways, return to singing the original anthem, and leave it at that. If they fail to comply, we should gather all fit men of age and go on a new crusade to reform the world to the glory of the trinity of the father, the son and the holy spirit....Jokes, just urge the government to grow a pair and force it.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Well you send your kids to a religious school you are gonna get that. I doubt it is really going to harm the kids given the rest of the religious education they will be subjected to. My kids went to a Catho school by order of the missus. They pretty much have made their own minds up on the whole issue.
As far as national anthem go I would be pretty happy to see them do just that.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I hate to say this, I really do but I agree with pravx :embarrass I think it is pretty poor form of these schools to be doing this. There are probably hundreds of thousands of god worshipping bloody songs out there they could surely use one of them or deface another song that is not our national anthem with their religious crap. My kids school sings the nations anthem in assembly and at other official events, they sing the full anthem and even my kindy son knows the whole anthem, it isn't hard really. I wouldn't like some bloody muslim changing the words of our anthem to 'praise allah' or whatever so I would be hypocritical if I didn't find this wrong.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I am God.

/close thread.