Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote coilovers

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Been searching Google to track down if anyone makes remote control coilovers or something similar. Basically I want to drive and change ride height for cruising, cornering etc. Or would I be better hunting down a bag system?

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
That explains the lack of google searches lol. Bag system it is than. Cheers.

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
Try Lowdown.com i think they make customised electronic coilovers for cArs but very expensive. My friend had on his 370z but costed him a fortune (12k aud). But he could control height with a remote control. But note that you cannot do that while car is moving

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Whether you get bags or super dooper expensive coilovers, its not going to be worth it for what you want.

You said: "Basically I want to drive and change ride height for cruising, cornering etc."

I heard: "Basically I want to drive with it dragging on the ground when I'm doing hot laps, but want to be able to bring it back up to legal height if the cops are nearby".

There's no other reason to want to change ride height on the fly. It certainly has nothing to do with cruising and cornering like you said.
So, now that we've cleared that up... it'll actually be cheaper if you just install shocks and springs at the height you want, and when you get defected for dragging the ass on the ground, install the stock and get the defect cleared. You could do this many times over and still be in front money wise.

Unless of course you want the poser wank factor... excuse me, the convenience of height adjustment on the fly.... then of course, just get baggies regardless of cost. God speed to you ;).

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
My lexus lx470 came with the hydrolic coilovers which you could change from inside, the height and stiffness. But, like i said the car had to be on P for that to work. You cannot just change height "WHILE" cornering. And height doesnt help you corner, there are other suspension parts you will need to change if you want a more stable cAr i believe

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Whether you get bags or super dooper expensive coilovers, its not going to be worth it for what you want.

You said: "Basically I want to drive and change ride height for cruising, cornering etc."

I heard: "Basically I want to drive with it dragging on the ground when I'm doing hot laps, but want to be able to bring it back up to legal height if the cops are nearby".

There's no other reason to want to change ride height on the fly. It certainly has nothing to do with cruising and cornering like you said.
So, now that we've cleared that up... it'll actually be cheaper if you just install shocks and springs at the height you want, and when you get defected for dragging the ass on the ground, install the stock and get the defect cleared. You could do this many times over and still be in front money wise.

Unless of course you want the poser wank factor... excuse me, the convenience of height adjustment on the fly.... then of course, just get baggies regardless of cost. God speed to you ;).

Accuser airbags can adjust on the fly to compensate body roll etc when cornering. Their E-level system takes meassurements like 100 times a minute. I think OP means bags and not Coilovers. Reguardless for airbags to be legal you must met the same rules as being static. So for most states you still. Need your 2/3 shock travel, any eye brow measurements and when fully aired out at its lowest must still maintain the 100mm ground clearance. So its physically impossible to drag the chassis, if your legal that is.

watch this

Last edited by a moderator:

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
The lexus would adjust height automatically on hill roads and cornering, but not super low. On climbing uneven hilly roads or offroading, the car would automatically go higher. If you keep taking corner roads it will slightly go down and adjust camber. But the ones you want i guess can only be done with cut springs and definitely guard rolling needed. Why not drive with legal lower springs where you dont have to roll guard or scrape wheels?