Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remote locking not working at Woolworths

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
we have only had our VX for a few weeks... wife told me today that she has been shopping to Woolworths supermarket 3 times now and each time the remote wont unlock the doors or boot.... has to use the key to unlock the door, then press the button in the glove box to open the boot.... then after she gets home, its a 5 minute drive, the remote works fine again...anyone got any ideas about why this happens?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
lol we own a VX and I shop at Woolies weekly and I've never had the problem...I'll have to watch this thread to see the answers .... I'm intrigued :unsure:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
lol woolworths is haunted, mayb some sort of interference in the area?

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Get her to try the remote while holding it against the front windscreen where it meets the dash on drivers side. If still no good, hold it in drivers side front wheel arch, try again. If this helps, maybe strong RF interference like maybe a Television broadcasting tower? Or a flat remote battery which doesn't sound quite right. Hope this helps or ask around that woolies or your dealer.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Hairy Eater said:
we have only had our VX for a few weeks... wife told me today that she has been shopping to Woolworths supermarket 3 times now and each time the remote wont unlock the doors or boot.... has to use the key to unlock the door, then press the button in the glove box to open the boot.... then after she gets home, its a 5 minute drive, the remote works fine again...anyone got any ideas about why this happens?
I work at Woolies (petrol) and I never had that problem..

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
she was parked under power lines at the time.... if it happens again when i try it, i'll ask holden dealer, also it happens to both our 2 remote, 1 remote is on new from the dealer...

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i live in adelaide and noticed a sign in the carpark at the crafers lookout with a warning about this. i cant remember it that well but i think it said people experience problems because of a nearby radio transmitter or something like that. if you had problems you could go inside and ask for help at reception. thats all i can remember sorry. i dont know if they offered a solution.

oliver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
try shopping at coles instead

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
My mate has a car with Black Widow car alarm and central locking. We were on top of a mountain where all the Television and mobile repeater towers are. We were shitting ourselves as we locked the car okay. Came back to unlock, the remote wasn't working. Now the alarm has two point immobilsers, and alarm. But he held his remote up next to the car window and luckily it worked.
But with my Alarm in my VN on the same mountain it worked okay.
Goes to show you how much signal waves are going throught the air there.