Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote start - anyone tried these? carbon car systems GM10

Grim VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 2010
some helpful info for anyone getting one of these

changing button press sequence......
they changed the sequence to lock,unlock,lock from lock,lock,lock cos it wasnt working properly on some utes and wagons. most people wont use it every workday like i will, so it may not be a problem for everyone, but i didnt like the idea of wearing out the lock actuator any more than is necessary. it turns out you can reprogram several things yourself, in the box they give you a link to a pdf with pretty easy to follow instructions, the only tricky thing i found is that when changing the final setting i had to press the button pretty bloody quick for it to register as four presses, took a few goes but worked ok.

getting shroud back on
can be tricky, looked easy in video, but for me it only worked when i turned the steering wheel upside down on an angle, getting one side on the lock tab thingy then the other way to do the other side.
also the wiring harness needs to be pushed out of the way or it wont go all the way up and its really hard to see if it is causing a problem so figiting with that can help aswell.

cheers :rockon:

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
I got one of these a couple of weeks back. The shroud was the difficult part to put back on. But I got there.

What was the stuff in the bag? It looked like a switch and some wires. It just went in the spares drawer in the shed.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Remember, in most (probably all) states it is illegal to leave a vehicle, on a road, unoccupied, with the engine running.

Well someone better tell Holden as the Commodore VF come out with this

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Got one from Carbon Car Systems for my VE SV6 as well, mainly for the same reason as the poster only living a very short distances from work wanting it to warm up before taking off, plus during those really cold winter mornings, its nice to be able to jump into a nice warm car.