Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote start

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Lost count of how many people come into work with an aftermarket immobilizer alarm fitted to their cars that already have a factory one fitted an then it messes with the introduction process for the new key they want. Only time i can see the remote start being useful is if you live in a really cold climate an letting the car warm up is a necessity. If you really want the remote start system my recommendation would be only connect the remote start feature an not the immobilizer if your car already has one fitted.

madnuts

Lives around high voltage
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commonwhore
i have it on mine you just press unlock 3 times

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Dont go anywhere near this asshole,he hasnt sent my item,he's gone to ground as well,will not answer emails or even answer all the negative **** I said about him on ebay..he just a thieving ####

Random thread dig was random?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Wow, that was really random. dafuq?

Anyway, in regards to Remote Starts in commodores... what do you want to know? I do remote starts almost daily lol

Rex 900

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
There is an ebay seller who sells them 120 bucks in vic. They are amazing and work off your original remote. Recommend them to everyone. Everyone I know who drives a commodore in SA has bought one with no issues. Justforcommodores on facebook to find them.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
1. Remote Start of motor vehicle can result in breach of Road Traffic Acts (in most - probably all States). The problem arises from leaving an unattended vehicle - on a road/street etc - with the engine running.

2. It's my understanding that it is poor practise (as recommended by manufacturers) to let engine idle from cold before driving off. Always suggested that it is better for the longevity of the engine to hop in, start (cold) engine and drive off allowing the engine to reach operating temperature before driving it too hard.

3. A next door neighbour's son had a vehicle with modified exhaust. He would regularly remote start it each morning. The reverberations from the exhaust and the proliferation of exhaust fumes drifting into our living area was total pain in the %$#@(*

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Im waiting for the Fortin EVO-ONE to become more available. Provides both remote start from factory fob 3X and immobilizer bypass.

You'll be waiting a long time...

Seriously though, given your signature... troll?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
and also to the person who said "or I left my ute locked up somewhere and a friend/relative needed to move it that the viper system would be handy"..... um what about steering lock???