Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote ute lid reviews

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
Hey boys,
I had a Blueys Ute World roll top on my last ute which was great, but the manual opperation was a bit tiresome several times a day. So I'm ooking at getting one of these, which is much the same but remote operated. Being in shitney i can't visit the store so does anyone have one or seen one and offer a bit of feedback, please?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...ry=6763&pm=1&ds=0&t=1510117300322&cspheader=1

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
No idea but I want one now dammit...

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Have one on my VF2 nice kit though bit exxy will get some pics up of mine shortly.

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
Have one on my VF2 nice kit though bit exxy will get some pics up of mine shortly.
Thanks. The manual one is only a 200 cheaper soits not a bad price comparitively. Hows the fit & finish of it around the edges. I'll be fitting it myself. Any tips if you fitted yours?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hmmm. 95% weather resistant according to their product description. So one time in 20 it's not weather resistant - that can't be good.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Googled the roll up cover, $2,800 with remote control. It looks really nice and neat, flushes with the tray top, much better than the bulky hard cover. If I haven't had the chrome ladder racks on mine, I would definitely get one. Though they have compatible ladder racks but they don't look good.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Roll-Top-Ute-Lid-6-1.jpg

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
Cheers guys. I ordered one this arvo. Should see it on Thursday. I'll be installing it myself so will do a bit of a write up & review.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
uteRollcover2.jpg
This looks nice too.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Thanks. The manual one is only a 200 cheaper soits not a bad price comparitively. Hows the fit & finish of it around the edges. I'll be fitting it myself. Any tips if you fitted yours?
Yes I fitted mine, takes about 4 hrs but I got the full ladder racks/bars too adds about $1,200 to the price all up $3,900 shipped to my door.
Before I fitted mine I pulled the liner out extended the rear window drains out through the floor of ute. Drilled additional drain lines for the roll top cylinder & piped the rear channels drains out of the tub behind the tail lamps as the manufacturer just recomends dumping the condensate straight under the liner, which in my book is ****! I also modded the abs panel above the fuel tank that is wasted space for an extra storage area.