Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote wire for a Sub

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Hey there guys,

Its been going on for a while now, my current set up in my Ute is that I have 1x 300W active enclosure and its wired up all apart from the remote wire, Since the wiring was in the car prior to purchase I just connected all the necessary wires.

What I have done is bridge wire from the 12v power to a SELF GROUNDING SWITCH ON/OFF then into the amp

eg. I manually turn the sub on and off at will

What Im after is information on where in the hell would I find the remote wire on a VE SV6 Head unit, Because I have sometimes forgotten to switch the sub off which can lead to battery drainage over time

If you can include pictures that would be amazing but where all not miracle workers here as I've come to understand =P

I have a **** ton of remote wire as well so I'm all prepped =D

ls1fj40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss ls1
just go old school man and hook it up to the accesssries wire on the back of the head unit... do the same job..
is it the original head unit????

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Yeah the unit is complete stock and I would love to hook it up to the accessories wire, IF I knew which one it was... >_<

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I just hooked mine up to the accessories 12v secondary lighter plug. (Behind the ashtray hole) As I don't plan on using a second lighter plug anyway.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I just hooked mine up to the accessories 12v secondary lighter plug. (Behind the ashtray hole) As I don't plan on using a second lighter plug anyway.

I dont have an ash tray/cigerette lighter port so Im lost here ahah

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
pull the drivers side trim off the center console, and look below the headunit, there will be a white 3 pin plug there, all ve's have them, regardless of cig socket installed.

from memory its the brown wire, but double check with a test light. one is earth, one accesories, and one illumination.

edit: pic stolen from another thread

img0842ll.jpg

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
pull the drivers side trim off the center console, and look below the headunit, there will be a white 3 pin plug there, all ve's have them, regardless of cig socket installed.

from memory its the brown wire, but double check with a test light. one is earth, one accesories, and one illumination.

edit: pic stolen from another thread

img0842ll.jpg

Ohhhh so I can simplt just tap into the brown wire then? =D

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
pretty sure its brown, double check thogh, dont want you blowing anything up :p

only catch, is when you turn the key off, radio will still be on(til you open door), but subs will go off. key needs to be on ACC for it to work only a problem if you sit in the car with the key off completely

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
pretty sure its brown, double check thogh, dont want you blowing anything up :p

only catch, is when you turn the key off, radio will still be on(til you open door), but subs will go off. key needs to be on ACC for it to work only a problem if you sit in the car with the key off completely

What if I press the power button on the radio, Sub will remain off until key is it?

In a way this is good for me haha

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yep, they are independant of each other.

Sometimes people use hi/lo convertors that can create their own remote and some amps have it built in also. Not that I'm suggesting you go and swap your gear for stuff that does have it. But have you checked if either your hi/lo convertor (if using one) or the amp can do it?