Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removal of clubsport badges

hothouse vy s

supercharged hothouse VYS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S
i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the silver badges on the car.. i have a vy clubsport and the silver clubsport badges have lost colour so i want to remove them and put new ones on..

can anyone help with the removal?
cheers

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
when i took the badges off my acclaim i just pulled them off. they all broke so they couldnt be used again but it got them off the car. some of the sticky residue was left on the car so i got that off with some citrus cleaner.

theres probably a better way, but it worked..

matt

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Wet the badges, then maybe a quick warm by the hair dryer (not very warm, just a little), then slide some dental floss (preferred as it is soft)/fishing line/string behind the badge in a sawing type motion across the badge.

Should come off with no damage. Then you should simply be able to roll the remaining glue off with your hand. Job done.

Search for 'badge', 'debadging' or similar for more info. But the above is the method I have used a few times and it has always removed them with no damage.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
well that seems like a much better method than mine :yeah:

hothouse vy s

supercharged hothouse VYS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S
cheers for that mate
ill have a go.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
the way i always do it is to get a length of thin fishing line & slowly slide it back & forward like a saw behind the badge while gently pulling it sideways.works fine never had a problem.just get some prepsol or tar & glue remover to get rid of the residue.can be a bit of a pain sometimes to get residue off but just take your time so as not toscratch any paint.good luck.
cheers
warrick