Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal Of Cruise Control

RIP~FPV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
hey guys, I was thinking about removing my cruise control module because I never use it, the first and last time I did use it she drank a quarter of tank for just under 20km! now my question is, is that if I remove the module will I have to reprogram my ecu?

cheers guys

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
the first and last time I did use it she drank a quarter of tank for just under 20km!
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't see the benefit in removing the module, just don't use it.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Un plug it, un bolt it, remove it........and the cable.
Wouldn't hurt to tape up the end of the plug to stop any gunk getting in.

RIP~FPV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
i believe the reason for using so much fuel while on cruise control is that over here in NZ we have hills, lots of them.. so when u set the cruise control it powers up to the set speed once it reaches speed it powers down but because of all the hills its constantly powering up and slowing down hence the big fuel consumption, anyone who drives a v8 in the city will understand this

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Don't butcher your car for no reason. It's not like you have to use cruise control all the time. Cruise control is the best thing ever imho, helps to save money in speeding fines.

You're going to be putting your foot down in order to accelerate up the hills to maintain the same speed, just as cruise control does. If your car's using that much fuel, you need to look elsewhere for your problem.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
i believe the reason for using so much fuel while on cruise control is that over here in NZ we have hills, lots of them.. so when u set the cruise control it powers up to the set speed once it reaches speed it powers down but because of all the hills its constantly powering up and slowing down hence the big fuel consumption, anyone who drives a v8 in the city will understand this

Yeah,,,,,naughty naughty c/c :unsure:

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Ours stopped working 3 years ago so we just don't use it and have set the over speed thingy to 99ks which stops us from getting speeding fines.