Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal of Fault Code

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
Was just wondering if there is anyone in the hunter valley/central coast area that has a tool or computer to remove fault codes, ive fixed the fault now the code wont go away

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Or remove the engine fuse, turn the key on, then off, then put the fuse back in.

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
The fault code was code 22 low voltage TPS so i replaced the tps and the idle control, have disconnected the battery overnight and put back on next morning but still there i rang holden they told me its a code that needs to be removed by a computer and they could do it for $100 as its only a 5 min job WTF expensive 5 mins.

I will try the engine fuse removal in the morning see if that fixes it thanks for the replys

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The code does not "have" to be cleared with a computer, so dont hand over $100 for this. Disconnecting the battery for a minute or two will also clear any logged error codes. It sounds like theres still a problem with the TPS or its wiring or connectors, and its making the code set again as soon as its been cleared. Too bad you werent a bit closer to me, I could have checked out the car for you and reset the codes etc with the tech 1 for free..
Was the new TPS you fitted a genuine one? I ran into some problems with the TPS on a VR not long ago, we had fitted 2 brand newTPS's, both were different brands, and the ECU just kept setting TPS codes, and then when fitted a brand new genuine sensor, no more codes. The two new aftermarket TPS sensors were both just cheap rubbish Id say..

Last edited:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Disconnecting the battery is not necessary to reset the computer, simply remove and replace the engine fuse.
Saves you having to re enter security codes, reset clocks and radio presets etc etc.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Disconnecting the battery is not necessary to reset the computer, simply remove and replace the engine fuse.
Saves you having to re enter security codes, reset clocks and radio presets etc etc.

Yeah Ive tried this method a few times as the workshop manuals also mention it, but I found the codes dont always clear, so I just disconnect the battery, which never fails.