Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal top Grille

Ruby6689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I thought I would surprise my husband for his birthday and buy him the replacement grille with the Chevy badge (he wanted it) It came with no instructions and I am having trouble trying to remove the existing one. I was told by the supplier that it could be fitted easily but no instructions were supplied. I have managed to get the cover off under the bonnet to expose the grille and the screws that attach it at the top but the clips will not release.

Is there an easy way to unclip the top grille part or do I need to remove the wheels, bumper, wiring loom etc first.

I was lead to believe it was a simple job that required just removing the top grille only.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ruby6689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Thank you very much arronm, I did see these diagrams but was hoping there may have been a way to remove just the top without having to dismantle half the front end...lol

Ruby6689

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
it's never too late for a divorce.

True, but it would have happened a long time ago when I first mentioned buying a Kombi, he doesn't like them but we now have three. I'll put up with a Chev badge.

Couldn't find an easy way so after a morning of frustration Andy decided to get the mechanics at the business next to him to do it. It will never appeal to me but this one is his car.