Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Badges

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I got the badges off my VY ute using fishing line and using it like a saw, the just some rubbing alcohol to get the sticky bits off! works perfect.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
mm from what ive seen around you heat it with a hairdryer, use fishingwire to get it off, and buff it and it should look fine?

(i dunno, i have never done it)

Last edited:
R

rattattack1313

Professionals use a Hot Air Blower....sorta like an industrial Hair Dryer........there is a few other threads on this..........

Z

Zoinker

cosmo94 said:
I got the badges off my VY ute using fishing line and using it like a saw, the just some rubbing alcohol to get the sticky bits off! works perfect.

the rubbing alcohol is a bit risky, sometimes damage's the paint job if worked in too hard..... dont ask how i know this :(

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
alcohol is simillar to acetone, i wouldnt use anything stronger than wax and grease remover.

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
When I did my VY, I wet the badges to soften the glue, then used a hair dryer to warm them a little, then used dental floss (I figured it was softer, so safer next to paint) to slowly cut thru the glue, the left over glue then simply rubbed off. I then gave it a quick go with scratch X to ensure it was clean and then a polish. Doesn't take long.

How old is the car, because if its really old then the glue may have gone hard and this method may not work as well as with new badges.

captain_pervey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
i used a hair dryer and some dental floss the got some eculeptus oil to remove the glue it pretty much disolves glue instantly

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Just use an old card (i.e. drivers license, bank card) and then push it under the badge. Clean up remaning glue with eucalyptus oil and then polish the area. If done right it will not damage your paint and shouldn't take long.