Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing battery

btc1678

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Going OS for several months. Wanting to take the battery out of my car. The easy bit Ive figured is geting the leads off. How do I loosen the battery to get it out. Only thing I can see to do that is a bolt at the back of the battery. Is this what I have to loosen.

Thanks Ben

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
thats the one. Why do you want to take the battery out. Trust me get someone to start it and run it for atleast 5 minutes a week. Other wise the EFI wont like it and could possibly poo poo itself

btc1678

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
commy92 said:
thats the one. Why do you want to take the battery out. Trust me get someone to start it and run it for atleast 5 minutes a week. Other wise the EFI wont like it and could possibly poo poo itself

No one else in my family would be driving it so I thought it would be better just to pull it out. Just leaving the battery in it and getting someone to just start it and let it run wont cause any other problems will it. Ive got one of those battery trickle chargers. Would it be worth while to use that and have someone start it up every now and then?