Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Cat on V6

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i reckon cars sound so crap with a gutted cat. my cat is buggered, and sounds horrible. i am putting a good one on when i get a 3 inch exhaust..

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
i couldnt believe your mechaninc said that, they can get in alot of trouble for doing it but anyways just go out and find yourself a cheap ls1 cat, prob wont do anything to power or anything but they are apparently better then a high flow cat?? thats what i read somewhere anyway

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
well i got told that ls1 cats are only 2.25 inch diameter on the insides and the stock v6/5lt ones are 2.5 inch?
correct me if im wrong.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
an ls1 cat has more monolith inside it, its cheaper than a highflow but it isnt as good, i tried them for a while and had alot of problems with it scraping on the ground due to the shape of it

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
a pipe bashed down the middle of a cat gives the deep note back.

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
my mate had his taken off sounded crazy at first, heaps loud, but then when i sat there and listened to it it begun to sound really ****, really taky and tiny, no deep note really, came out all crackly, i prefer my 2 1/2 inch lukey muffler with stock cat atm...over his ne day, and i wont get a defect of 10k fine :)

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
about this 10k fine, how can they issue it when you could go out and buy a car with a hollow cat and have no idea it is hollow, then get done for it. plus i have never heard of anyone ever being fined 10g for a hollowed cat, has anyone else? is it a myth law to scare people or is it rarely enforced.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
If you want to be a boy in the bubble in 20years time with your own oxygen pump do so, but don't **** it for the rest of us, The exhaust emmisions if every car was 'cat'`less in 2 years we'd have no O-zone layer.

Do what you like, You **** up it's your own fault.

Cheers
MaT